The Parkside Elementary Parent Teacher Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to support our school community. We enhance the educational experience by coordinating events, activities, and special programs making our school an outstanding value. The PTA is not a fundraising group (we are an ADVOCACY organization), but we must generate revenue to enable our offering to the students and teachers. Becoming a member helps support our vision.
The Parkside PTA is a chapter of the NCPTA, and further organized under the National PTA. We are required to use MemberHub for connecting with our members.
Click Here to join the PTA!
Questions and Answers
- Do we need to join again if we were members last school year?
- YES, PTA membership is good for one school year and must be renewed annually.
- As a grandparent, can I join and make an additional donation and is it tax deductible?
- YES, Membership is open to anyone who would like to support the Parent Teacher Association mission. Parkside Elementary PTA is a non Profit 501(c)(3), and your Membership and donation is Tax Deductible! Please contact <email@example.com> if you need any documentation.
- If I join the PTA, do I have to volunteer?
- NO, you DO NOT have to volunteer to become a PTA member! However, volunteering your time or knowledge will give you tremendous satisfaction in that you have made a positive impact on many students! See our volunteer page to find out how you can help.
Why join the PTA?
Reason #1: Your child benefits. When parents get connected to the school, children get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems.
Reason #2: You will be in the know. The PTA knows what’s happening with the school, who’s involved, and usually plans many of the events.
Reason #3: You’ll tap into a network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, to build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind.
Reason #4: You can be part of the solution. By getting involved at your child’s school you can help make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
Reason #5: You can meet other parents, especially ones in other tracks. We are neighbours and peers. A as a result, many friendships are forged via this connection.
Reason #6: Your child will feel a sense of pride. Being part of the PTA will make your kids proud of you. Through your example, they may feel compelled to be involved in the community as they grow up and become adults.
Reason #7: You can have fun while doing good. Volunteer work shouldn’t be drudgery… and it isn’t at Parkside Elementary School.
Reason #8: Your voice can be heard. The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively influence change at our school.
Reason #9: You can share your skills. Your child will beam for weeks after you come to school and share your skills or knowledge.
Reason #10: You can show that you care. By becoming a PTA member, you’re also becoming a role model and demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education as well as on being involved in their world.