Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Whether you’re joining us for the first time this year or whether you’ve been here for a while, we hope you will be actively involved in this year’s PTA! Becoming involved in the PTA allows you to play a vital role in your child’s education.
The PTA supports Parkside Elementary in so many ways:
- Offers a network of parent support to all families
- Supplements school budget through fundraising
- Collaborates with teachers and school leadership to choose great programs
- Encourages parent involvement and coordinates volunteer efforts
- All PTA branches (local, county, state and national. advocate on behalf of students and teachers
But it’s only through YOUR support and willingness to be involved that allows the PTA to partner with teachers, staff and students in creating a challenging and exciting academic environment.
PTA Officers and Board Structure
The Parkside PTA is structured as below, with 4 Officers directing the communications throughout the organization, 4 Committee Chairs, 3 school representatives, Members at Large, and 3 required seats. Audit, Advocacy, and Nominating seats are required by the NCPTA.